Solar PV Panel System Design with
Hands-on Installation Workshop
PV203 System Design and Installation
4 Days (M-T) – $1275.00 – PV System Design with Hands-on Lab
Prerequisite: Completion of Solairgen’s PV201 Online course or proof of having completed an accredited 40 hour introductory PV course prior to the PV203 class registration deadline.
This nationally certified skills training course will teach you to design and install PV systems at the professional level. After this workshop, you should be prepared to get in the solar installation industry as a highly skilled professional solar PV system installer. Hours 8:30am – 6:30pm
Online Segment: 12 hour Technical Sales:
For your benefit, complete the PV210 Technical Sales portion prior to first day of class. PV210 is included with your PV203 registration.
Completion of Solairgen training courses will provide the individual with an expanded knowledge and understanding of the construction trade. These courses are supplemental and not primary to become a licensed professional construction contractor.
Supports NABCEP PV Installation Professional, PV Installation Specialist, PV Design Specialist, PV Commissioning and Maintenance Specialist and PV Technical Sales Professional JTAs.
Learn all aspects of design and installation of solar panel PV systems in this nationally accredited, hands-on lab.
To ensure competence and confidence, the class will install and commission a complete grid-interactive PV system as a team. You will learn how to correctly apply NEC code requirements when configuring and installing interactive and battery based PV systems. The course is comprised of 70% class time and 30% lab time.
Call: 706-867-0678 local 800-262-7560 toll free for more info.
Upcoming Workshop Dates and Calendar
|Solar PV Training Workshop||Sept. 2021
||Feb. 2022||March 2022|
|PV203 PV System Design and Installation||13th – 16th
||7th – 10th||21st – 24th|
|Registration Deadlines (Eastern Time)||Aug. 30th||Jan. 24th||March 7th|
See what PV203 covers by weekday:
Online Segment: 6 hour Technical Sales:
Complete Technical Sales portion prior to first day of class. The link will be sent to you via email upon registration for PV203.
- Evaluate PV cell technology and module characteristics
- Building a PV array and calculating PV system performance
- LAB: Voc and Isc measurements
- Residential PV array mounting considerations
- PV array structural load calculations
- LAB: Installing residential racking
- Commercial racking systems and inter-row shading calculations
- LAB: Install commercial racking
- Reviewing safety and OSHA
- AC Electrical Systems
- Utility interactive inverters and systems
- LAB: Optimizer installation and Micro-inverter installation
- Determine PV system configuration
- Identify interactive inverter types and monitoring
- LAB: Interactive inverters
- NEC articles and tables for PV systems: Part 1
- Conductor and grounding requirements
- Conductor protection
- Equipment requirements
- AC capacity limitations
- LAB: NEC compliance.
- Residential PV system configuration
- Configuration examples
- Configuration exercise
- LAB: Residential inverter configuration
- Energy storage systems
- Batteries and Charge controllers
- Battery Inverters
- Self-consumption PV system design
- Off-grid and bimodal PV system design
- LAB: Battery storage systems
- PV inspection, maintenance and troubleshooting
- LAB: Inspecting and testing components of PV systems
- LAB: Installation and commission complete interactive PV system