PV201 Entry-Level Solar Design and Installation
Self-Paced – Online – $495.00
(A scholarship fund has now reduced the cost to $395.00 for a limited time)
PV201 is an online, entry-level solar training class, and it provides the foundation of knowledge for understanding the design and installation of PV systems. Completion of PV201 takes you from beginner to intermediate topics of solar and is the prerequisite to our advanced classes.
Supports NABCEP PV Associate and PV Installation Professional JTAs.
Complete the lessons at your own pace as your work and family schedule allows with 24 hour/7 days a week access. Once enrolled you have 52 weeks to complete the lessons.
Completion of Solairgen training courses will provide the individual with an expanded knowledge and understanding of the construction trade. These courses are supplemental and not primary to become a licensed professional construction contractor.
The course takes approximately 30 hours to complete. It is the prerequisite to our more advanced level courses and the prerequisite to register for the NABCEP Associate Credential exam. The 30 hours may not be used for NABCEP professional and specialist requirements. A passing score on the Associate Credential exam provides the student with 18 NABCEP credit hours.
After completing PV201 Online, you may register for the Associate Installer Certification Exam.
Solairgen is a registered provider of the NABCEP Associate Credential Certification Exam. Get more information about the NABCEP Associate Credential.
When you successfully complete PV201, you may request free, 90-day access to PV301, our NABCEP Associate Credential exam prep class, a $185.00 value.
- Properties of PV cells & performance variations
- Module design & behavior characteristics
- PV array design parameters
- Solar energy and the PV cell
- PV system site assessment
- Calculating PV system performance
- Classification of PV system types
- Interactive inverter systems
- Stand alone systems
- Mechanical integration of PV arrays
- NEC compliance for PV systems
- OSHA and safety
- Maintaining & troubleshooting PV systems
- Utility interconnection standards & calculations