PV201 Entry-Level Solar Design and Installation
Self-Paced – Online – $495.00
PV201 is an online, entry-level solar training class, and is the foundation of a successful career as a solar PV system installation and design pro. Completion of PV201 takes you from beginner to intermediate topics of solar and is the prerequisite to our advanced classes.
Complete the lessons at your own pace as your work and family schedule allows with 24 hour/7 days a week access. Once enrolled you have 26 weeks to complete the lessons.
This course consists of approximately 30 hours of presentation material. It is the prerequisite to our more advanced level courses and the prerequisite to register for the NABCEP Associate Credential exam. Passing the Associate Credential exam provides the student with 18 NABCEP credit hours.
After completing PV201 Online, take the Associate Installer Certification Exam.
Solairgen is a registered provider of the NABCEP Associate Installer Certification Exam. Get more information about the Associate Installer Credential.
When you successfully complete PV201, we give you free, 90-day access to PV301, our NABCEP Associate Credential exam prep class, a $185.00 value.
- Properties of PV cells & performance variations
- Module design & behavior characteristics
- PV array design parameters
- Solar energy and the PV cell
- PV system site assessment
- Calculating PV system performance
- Classification of PV system types
- Interactive inverter systems
- Stand alone systems
- Mechanical integration of PV arrays
- NEC compliance for PV systems
- OSHA and safety
- Maintaining & troubleshooting PV systems
- Utility interconnection standards & calculations