PV200 Introduction to Utility Scale PV Systems
This course is an introduction to utility scale PV systems, and will provide a basic understanding of solar electric (photovoltaic – PV) energy and utility scale PV system components. The course will also cover basic NEC requirements and the parameters for utility scale PV system design and cost analysis metrics.
18 hours – $295 Online and self-paced
Complete the lessons at your own pace as your work and family schedule allows with 24 hour/7 days a week access. Once enrolled you have 52 weeks to complete the lessons.
- Photovoltaic Cells and the Manufacturing Process
- PV Module Standard Ratings
- PV Module Performance Variables
- PV Arrays
- Solar Energy
- Components of Utility Scale PV Systems
- Support Racking for Large PV Arrays
- NEC Compliance Requirements
- System Design and Cost Analysis
Completion of Solairgen training courses will provide the individual with an expanded knowledge and understanding of the construction trade. These courses are supplemental and not primary to become a licensed professional construction contractor.