PV201 Online Design and Installation
Fundamentals of Solar Installation and Design
Self-Paced – Online – $495.00
PV201 is an online, entry level solar training class, and is the foundation of a successful career as a solar PV system installation and design pro. Completion of PV201 takes you from beginner to intermediate topics of solar, and is the prerequisite to our advanced classes.
Complete the lessons at your own pace as your work and family schedule allows with 24 hour/7 day a week access. Once enrolled you have 12 weeks to complete the lessons.
PV201 provides you with 30 certified credit hours of solar education when taken as the prerequisite to PV203 System Design and Installation, hands-on lab and workshop.
After completing PV201 Online, take the Associate Installer Certification Exam.
Solairgen is a registered provider of the NABCEP Associate Installer Certification Exam. Get more information about the Associate Installer Credential.
This IREC Accredited solar training course covers the following topics:
Track your progress as you learn. PV201 consists of 14 topic-specific lessons with a study quiz at the end of each lesson. You will receive email support from the instructor as you proceed through the class. When you pass the final exam you will receive a Solairgen Certificate of Completion and be eligible to take the nationally recognized NABCEP Associate Credential Exam. Call us for more information about the exam: 800-262-7560.
- Properties of PV cells & performance variations
- Module design & behavior characteristics
- PV array design parameters
- Solar energy and the PV cell
- PV system site assessment
- Calculating PV system performance
- Classification of PV system types
- Interactive inverter systems
- Stand alone systems
- Mechanical integration of PV arrays
- NEC compliance for PV systems
- OSHA and safety
- Maintaining & troubleshooting PV systems
- Utility interconnection standards & calculations